Want to spend a summer interning in minutes away from DC’s Capitol Hill? Want to learn real skills, not just making copies or getting coffee? What about reshaping the face of the GOP, and protecting personal freedoms?
The Republican Majority for Choice, parent of the Real Republican Majority Project, is looking for summer interns to join our organization this summer and help us make a difference in this important midterm election year. Interns will be working on social media projects; writing and research papers; lobbying and legislative efforts; and learning how to contact press. We have positions open for one full time and two part time interns that will be paid a weekly stipend. Interns will also be able to experience Capitol Hill, gain access to networking events, and learn about the realities of working in politics.
Our applicants should have the following qualifications:
• Enrolled full-time at an undergraduate institution and hold at least sophomore standing as of May 2010 (May 2010 graduates are welcome to apply).
• Strong work-ethic and timely behavior.
• Interest in working in politics and relevant undergraduate field.
• Comfort in working for and advocating pro-choice Republican position.
• Confidence in using public transportation to reach our Alexandria, VA office (Metro, DASH and VRE accessible).
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
If you believe that you fit our requirements and want to be our summer intern, please send the following to email@example.com:
• Your resume, complete with relevant classes taken
• A short writing sample from the last year and written in a collegiate setting.
• A cover letter, detailing why you want to work for RMC and why our mission matters to you.